There are several ways in which you can interact with me and my work using the site and otherwise, most of which are detailed below. Do please get involved:
- You can comment on all of my work by using the links included with every article. Positivity is encouraged, negativity is accepted. I will respond to you if needed and join in discussions if any occur, but every comment will be read and taken on board.
- I’m on Twitter @BainsXIII, and probably tweet more frequently than I should. That said, it’s probably your best chance of getting through to me directly should you so wish. I can’t work out how to hyperlink my Twitter name above, but the link on the right hand panel should see you right.
- You can email: rsbains_13(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk - it’s written like that to prevent any spam, but obviously you’ll need to substitute in the “@” and “.” - as previously mentioned, you can email me about just about anything, but I’m most likely to respond to any written job opportunities.
Author Profile on The Fighting Cock:- www.thefightingcock.co.uk/tag/RajBains/
Author Profile on The Sabotage Times:- www.sabotagetimes.com/author/Raj-Bains/
Author Profile on The Huffington Post:- www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/Raj-Bains/
Personal Twitter Account:- www.twitter.com/BainsXIII
Personal LinkedIn Account:- www.linkedin.com/pub/Raj-Bains/64/4b4/b49
Personal Instagram Account:- www.instagram.com/BainsXIII
Raj Bains was born in Huddersfield in 1992, and currently resides in Leeds. He is a proud Family man, Yorkshireman and Tottenham fan. Although he is currently a full-time legal assistant on a break from higher-education; he is also a hugely aspirational journalist, recognising that he can hide his often incomprehensible accent behind the veil of words.
He chooses to write about things that he both (thinks) he knows and loves, namely music and football. From running his original blog rather than concentrating on his A-Levels to an audience of zero, he stumbled in to writing for Tottenham supporters website The Fighting Cock. Through their continued invaluable support, his work then began to be featured on The Sabotage Times, opening the door for him to write about broader topics.
A few surprisingly successful and speculative emails later saw him asked to write for The Huffington Post; the single largest blog on the internet, an achievement both he and his friends still find hard to believe. However; given the amount of progress he has made in a relatively small amount of time, the encouraging feedback he is given for his work and his constant strive to better himself, he believes that the sky is the limit for his writing.
Finally, he unashamedly admits that he has written this entire page himself in the third person, so obviously has a strong sense of humour. He is eternally grateful that you’ve taken the time to visit his website, and genuinely that hopes you’ve enjoyed what you’ve seen.
Should you wish to contact him about any possible work, send him abuse, report any problems on the site or you just fancy a chat - there’s a page for that too.
This page is dedicated to friends of the site, which are the other places on the internet you might not have come across, but are more than worth taking the time to visit. Share them, tweet them and enjoy them; that’s what they’re there for.
The Fighting Cock:
- Podcast, blog, forum and community. A labour of love for a group of Tottenham fans, The Fighting Cock has done nothing but grow since it’s birth in 2011, and has become a definite must for all Tottenham fans. Expect a weekly podcast, regular guest bloggers and an often over-active forum, as well as large fan events for the club endorsed “1882 Movement”
= Twitter @LoveTheShirt
Dear Mr Levy:
- One of Tottenham’s best and most dedicated blogs. Run by Spooky, frequent Fighting Cock podcaster, the site attracts Tottenham-centric discussion and an honest outlook on life as a Tottenham fan. Expect satire, rants and prolific amounts of thought-provoking journalism.
= Twitter @Spooky23
- Expert on all things Tottenham Hotspur, specialising on youth updates and players out on loan. Run by Windy, who can also be heard weekly on The Fighting Cock podcast, the blog features in-depth reports unlikely to be found on other websites. Expect to find goal analysis, youth team progress reports and updates on players currently on loan. Must read material for the thinking football fan of any club.
= Twitter @WindyCOYS
To The Lane And Back:
- One of the biggest independent Tottenham blogs on the internet, To The Lane And Back offers everything your major sports websites would, but heavily cater their articles for fellow Tottenham fans. Featuring many guest contributors, but edited by the talented Ben McAleer, expect match previews, in-depth game reports and regular feature articles.
= Twitter @2theLaneandBack
Really Like Football:
- Brainchild of Tottenham and YouTube favourite TehTrunk, Really Like Football is an up and coming satirical football website. Not just Tottenham-centric in it’s content, you’re likely to find pieces laughing in the face of most premier league clubs and players. Send them content and follow them on twitter, or if that’s not up your street, find the man’s YouTube channel, it’s the stuff of legend.
= Twitter @RLFball
This section of Puerile Ambivalence is home to the feedback received from editors I’ve written for, friends I’ve written with, companies with whom I’ve collaborated and fans of the site and my work in general. In the same way future employers look for references before offering you a job, this section aims to fulfil exactly the purpose.
Chris Miller - Tottenham Hotspur podcaster & blogger; @WindyCOYS
“It is very difficult to twin objectivity with passion, yet Raj gets the balance just right. He is able to convey knowledge of a subject matter, through a genuine interest in telling the story/arguing a point and a natural flair for expressing himself, no matter the audience”
Ben McAleer - Freelance Journalist, Sports Writer & Pundit; @BenMcAleer1
“It’s fair to say that it’s a delight to have worked with Raj in past, having done so on numerous occasions. His work is always of the highest standard, thought provoking and regularly guaranteed to generate high quantities of traffic as a result of the points he raises. Friendly, open and punctual with any work that needs to be sent over, he’s one man that I consistently go to whenever I have articles that need to be written, be it focusing on sport or music”
Spooky - Tottenham Hotspur podcaster & blogger; @Spooky23
“A vibrant, adaptable writer that excels with assured fluidity and flair regardless of the content. A pleasure to work with, a pleasure to read”
Gary Flavell - Founder & Host of The Fighting Cock Podcast; @Flav_Bateman
“Raj is a writer who not only has an excellent command of the English language but a rare flair for the written word. If you combine that with a natural aptitude for hard work, you have a writer that produces brilliant copy on time; an editor’s dream”
Ash Dosanjh - Senior PR at Six07Press; @Six07